Thursday 25 April 2013

Happy Birthday Gail!

A little belated (it was last month) but I was just tidying photos, and I need to share this. Gail had a birthday, and I made a card, and I thought it was pretty cool. Gail is a new owner of a Thermomix, a kitchen machine that, among other things, is a very efficient blender. She tries to get her "Thermy" into the background of all her photos these days - that's how keen she is. So I thought I'd try to make a card on a Thermomix theme.

This is what I came up with!

I used stamps from my excellent collection of PSX vegetable stamps. So there's a carrot, some corn, peas, onion and radish. I stamped and coloured them ever so carefully. They looked really elegant.

Then I mashed them all to bits with a square punch, and stuck the pieces down randomly.














I explained on the inside of the card, that "I put your card into a Thermomix, 'cos you love that!".

I thoughtfully included an illustration of what the card may have looked like if I hadn't mashed it. Just to show that an elegantly coloured carrot is pretty nice to look at, but lacking that certain something.

Also, there was cake.

Happy Birthday Gail!

No comments: