Monday 18 March 2013

I grow mustard and cress

Jonathan surprised me with a request for carrot seeds the other day. His science class were doing a project, and that was what he had to bring. We zoomed to Bunnings and picked some nice ones. I bought a packet of cress seeds too, because I decided to be like Milly Molly Mandy and grow mustard and cress!

Here's the cress growing prettily in old teacups and a bonsai pot.




Where am I going to get mustard seeds from? Oh, wait, the spice rack. These ones grew nicely in a small pot.
















And here's my harvested mustard-and-cress, served on a slice of fresh bread with goats cheese.


And just when I was enjoying this nostalgic, they-don't-do-quaint-things-like-that-any-more treat, I realised I was eating .... MICROHERBS!

No comments: