Wednesday 25 July 2012

Making Bread part 3

Here we are at part 3, only half an hour after part 2. I hope you did something good with your time. I made a pasta bake, saw a kid off to drama, read the paper, and I forget what else. Anyway, it hasn't been hard work.

I normally get the oven really good and hot - around 240C - but today, it's more like 180C, because I'm being practical and cooking pasta and meatballs at the same time.

Your instructions now - just bake the bread! At a hot temperature, it might take around 12 minutes - mine took longer, but that suited me today. Hotter temp = even more crusty, but nobody complained about today's.

Here it is, cooling off on a rack.

And here it is as part of dinner. I've deconstructed the spaghetti and meatballs, because I've been watching Masterchef and apparently that's a thing. And also because I'm the resident vegetarian.


I hope you've enjoyed this bread method. Go back to part 1 for links to the cookbook I recommend. There's more to know about making full sized loaves.

Oh, and this dough - best pizza base imaginable!

No comments: