Saturday 12 February 2011

Penguins getting up to mischief

That was the theme of the birthday cards I made for Thomas and Jonathan's birthday!

We have "Who says we're flightless?", which I rather liked. Got to use a wings die that I really should not have bought, but it was so pretty... I did the clouds with a stencil, which I got from Krafty Lady.

That cloud stencil - I spent some hours demonstrating it at a craft show years ago. By the third hour I got tired, and the demonstration got a bit more brusque. "So, you take the damned stencil, and you sponge the bloody paint on it - see???". Kristine told me I could knock off any time.


Then we have the penguin playing guitar - actually playing Guitar Hero. Thomas was very excited to see this card, and shouted "OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY", but I think that was mainly because he'd worked out what was in one of the parcels.

I cut the guitar out freehand. Thankyou. Oh, and the penguin did the lettering.












And here's our new house band. I tried to get a photo with them both wearing pants, but that wasn't going to happen.

No comments: