Tuesday 8 June 2010

Sunny Sunflowers

Ah, old stamp sets ... I scored another rather old set again just recently - this time we have Sunflowers (the last one was Morning Glory). I sat down to do some stamping on the weekend...

...was disappointed by my first results ...

...went and looked at some other examples on the internet...

...tackled the project again...

and came out really happy!

Here's what I made:

I've used the big sunflower stamp (each piece of the flower is in two parts, hence the two colours). I've also used masking to get a texty background, and "spattered" it with a texture stamp. I'm rather fond of it!

Now, what's that oval shaped decoration at the bottom - it's a bit plain, isn't it? Shouldn't it say "Hi There" or something?

Well, I'm covering up Something New that I got my hands on (legally!) at the Stampin' Up convention. I get to play with my Something News for a while before I'm allowed to show them off. So there!

No comments: