Wednesday 17 February 2010

Cards for the Birthday Boys

It seems that everyone here has decided that they DO like getting a nice card on their birthday. Just as well I like to make them, hey?

So when the boys' birthday rolled around last week, I had to make them interesting. My first thought was, of course, an alien abduction scene, featuring cows. I wondered if I had a cow punch (I know Carl have one in their range, but did I ever buy it? I don't think so). A little more thought and I had it - of course!

The cows are really modified dinosaurs, from this punch. I punched them out of white card, and touched them up with black pen. En masse, they look bovine enough. Loving the bright coloured vellum as an abduction ray.




So, with one boy take care of, there was just one to go. Thomas has been mad about tortoises lately (he's that kind of kid - he came home one day and announced "Have you seen my blind tortoise? I need his tail feathers". And we don't know where that little poem came from). So he got a tortoise scene. Also featuring modified dinosaurs. 'Cos that's why I bought that dino punch, obviously, to serve as cows and tortoises.

No comments: