Friday 14 August 2009

Toot toot! Want a cool train set?


Love wooden train sets?

There's a train set for sale at the Scout Hall Garage Sale tomorrow!

Now, the one I've pictured here is just to show you what sort of thing I'm talking about. I nabbed it shamelessly from a web site.

The train set I helped set up for sale is one very large, single board, with wooden train track and accessories glued onto it. Some parts of it need a little work - there are bits of track missing.

It's probably an ex-shop display, or ex-kindergarten, where kids were encouraged to fill in the gaps with a few spare bits of track, but where it wasn't appropriate to let them take it all to pieces.

Now, I think I also saw a low table (disassembled) so it's POSSIBLE they went together.

Anyway, come along to the garage sale (it's being run by the Lions Club, to benefit the Scouts on this occasion). It's at 8am, 15 August 2009, on the corner of Canterbury Rd and Mitcham Rd, Mitcham. You'll find it.

The entire scout hall is full of trash and treasure, and prices are very cheap - just fill your shopping bag and they'll price for you at the end.

You'll probably be able to get a sausage in bread there too.

So, that's my bit to promote the sale!

No comments: